- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
U2 can dine with Bono in Dublin if you’re Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama
Question of the Day
Finnegans pub has hosted its share of famous visitors, including Salman Rushdie, Mel Gibson and Penelope Cruz. About 60 invited guests were inside before the first family arrived, the Irish Times reported.
“I thought this was a secret,” Bono said to the crowd waiting outside, an Irish news website reported.
Fish and chips, cottage pies, smoked bacon and cabbage and chicken with mozarella were said to have been on the menu, Independent.ie reported.
“We talked about everything and nothing,” he said to Independent.ie of his meeting with the First Lady and her daughters.
“It was a family lunch,” he added.
Mrs. Obama and her daughter will meet up with President Obama this afternoon at the G8 summit in Co Fermangh, before travelling on to Germany for the latest leg of his European meetings, the Irish Times said.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter Inc. names first female board member
- Dad buys $750 Xbox One from eBay, gets photo of the console instead
- 7-year-old chomps down on 2-inch rusty nail baked into Panera Bread cookie
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
White House pets gone wild!