- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
NASCAR driver in NC turns himself in on charges
Question of the Day
SHELBY, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR driver Mike Harmon has turned himself in to authorities in North Carolina after warrants were issued for him and a business partner.
Sheriff's deputies in Rowan County say warrants were issued for Harmon and the business partner on Monday. Authorities say the men are charged with breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering.
Investigators say the men allegedly stole at least seven vehicles from NASCAR's truck racer Jennifer Jo Cobb last year. Harmon once was the team manager for Cobb's Nationwide racing team.
The charges are a result of search warrants executed at a storage shed at a North Carolina location and at Harmon's shop in Mooresville on May 28.
Harmon surrendered in Shelby on Monday afternoon. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq