- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Seeking answers about Maj. Nidal Hasan
Why hasn’t Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a radical Islamic terrorist, been tried for his crimes? In the wake of the Boston Marathon terrorist attack by radical Islamists again here in the United States, it is important that the case returns to the surface.
Maj. Hasan is charged with killing 13 innocent Americans and injuring 32 others in 2009 in an act of terrorism at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas. That was more than three years ago. This was a pure act of Islamic terrorism, as Maj. Hasan reportedly shouted “Allahu akbar” while the shooting rampage was going on.
Maj. Hasan still has not been court-martialed or even tried by a military court for this terrorist attack. One excuse after another comes forth, including that Maj. Hasan refuses to shave his beard for Islamic religious reasons.
The Obama administration refuses to call this an act of terrorism. As matter of fact, the words “terror” and “terrorism” rarely appear in the president’s vocabulary. The victims and their families at Fort Hood have demanded that this attack be labeled as terrorism.
As a veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars, I resent the delay by the Obama administration in bringing this terrorist to justice.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable