- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Seeking answers about Maj. Nidal Hasan
Question of the Day
Why hasn’t Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a radical Islamic terrorist, been tried for his crimes? In the wake of the Boston Marathon terrorist attack by radical Islamists again here in the United States, it is important that the case returns to the surface.
Maj. Hasan is charged with killing 13 innocent Americans and injuring 32 others in 2009 in an act of terrorism at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas. That was more than three years ago. This was a pure act of Islamic terrorism, as Maj. Hasan reportedly shouted “Allahu akbar” while the shooting rampage was going on.
Maj. Hasan still has not been court-martialed or even tried by a military court for this terrorist attack. One excuse after another comes forth, including that Maj. Hasan refuses to shave his beard for Islamic religious reasons.
The Obama administration refuses to call this an act of terrorism. As matter of fact, the words “terror” and “terrorism” rarely appear in the president’s vocabulary. The victims and their families at Fort Hood have demanded that this attack be labeled as terrorism.
As a veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars, I resent the delay by the Obama administration in bringing this terrorist to justice.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops