You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Fairfax teen electrocuted while playing on roof of school

- The Washington Times - Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A 14-year-old boy died Tuesday night after being electrocuted by a live wire while playing on the roof of a Herndon elementary school, according to police.

Four boys, including three 14-year-olds and one 15-year-old, were reportedly on the roof of Fox Mill Elementary School when one of the boys came in contact with the live wire and was electrocuted. Emergency personnel were called to the school, located at 2611 Viking Drive, around 9 p.m, according to Fairfax County police.

One boy, identified by police as Bennett James Rill of Oak Hill, died at the scene. The three others were taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.

Police said the investigation into the incident was ongoing.

Tuesday was the last day of school for Fairfax County Public Schools.

© Copyright 2015 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.