- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama ignores urgent problems
The recent White House scandals including the Benghazi cover up, IRS targeting of conservatives, the Department of Justice seizing AP journalists' phone call records and issuing a warrant that named a Fox News reporter as a co-conspirator are quite serious, but it is the Obama policies supported by his administration and Democrats that are reshaping our country in a very negative way, and these need to be addressed.
President Obama has pursued "divide and conquer" and "blame others for your mistakes" to push his partisan agenda. "Obamacare" is destroying the basic foundation of health care by taking away medical decisions from physicians, limiting patient access for care and restricting patient services. Obamacare was supposed to improve health care with lower costs and have everyone insured, but the exact opposite has occurred. The president has been unable to address urgent problems in a timely way, and for his delays many of our military personnel, civilian contractors and citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan have been killed or injured. After 93,000 deaths, mostly by the brutal Assad regime in Syria, Mr. Obama will offer some small arms to the opposition forces — another too-little-too-late action with no specific goal or plan.
Individual freedoms of choice, including religious ones, are being eroded in a deliberate, systematic manner. Mr. Obama has still not put in the effort to work with Republicans to improve the economy and create jobs, and there is a further increase of those living in poverty, on food stamps and requiring long-term unemployment benefits. It is clear Mr. Obama never meant his campaign pledges for transparency and bipartisanship, and he continues to reverse his previous positions for votes. It is sad to say that the entire Obama administration places ideology and partisanship before the welfare of our country. These are the issues the public needs to be aware of. For their benefit and for the good of our country, the 2014 and 2016 elections will offer the opportunity to correct these problems.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS, M.D.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend