- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama ignores urgent problems
The recent White House scandals including the Benghazi cover up, IRS targeting of conservatives, the Department of Justice seizing AP journalists' phone call records and issuing a warrant that named a Fox News reporter as a co-conspirator are quite serious, but it is the Obama policies supported by his administration and Democrats that are reshaping our country in a very negative way, and these need to be addressed.
President Obama has pursued "divide and conquer" and "blame others for your mistakes" to push his partisan agenda. "Obamacare" is destroying the basic foundation of health care by taking away medical decisions from physicians, limiting patient access for care and restricting patient services. Obamacare was supposed to improve health care with lower costs and have everyone insured, but the exact opposite has occurred. The president has been unable to address urgent problems in a timely way, and for his delays many of our military personnel, civilian contractors and citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan have been killed or injured. After 93,000 deaths, mostly by the brutal Assad regime in Syria, Mr. Obama will offer some small arms to the opposition forces — another too-little-too-late action with no specific goal or plan.
Individual freedoms of choice, including religious ones, are being eroded in a deliberate, systematic manner. Mr. Obama has still not put in the effort to work with Republicans to improve the economy and create jobs, and there is a further increase of those living in poverty, on food stamps and requiring long-term unemployment benefits. It is clear Mr. Obama never meant his campaign pledges for transparency and bipartisanship, and he continues to reverse his previous positions for votes. It is sad to say that the entire Obama administration places ideology and partisanship before the welfare of our country. These are the issues the public needs to be aware of. For their benefit and for the good of our country, the 2014 and 2016 elections will offer the opportunity to correct these problems.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS, M.D.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults