- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
REWIND: Watch Ronald Reagan at Brandenburg Gate 26 years ago this month - ‘tear down this wall’
The 40th president's iconic 1987 speech at the Berlin Wall is "a moment that sums up for me a great deal of what I so loved and admired about Ronald Reagan," the text's author, Peter M. Robinson, told The Washington Times on the 20th anniversary of the speech.
"Ronald Reagan now belongs to history," Mr. Robinson told The Washington Times. "We can take pride in him as an inspiration to us all, but we ought not to tie ourselves in knots searching for another like him."
The 20th anniversary six years ago was an opportunity "to recognize the magnitude of the American accomplishment in the Cold War," Mr. Robinson said.
"It was one of the great conflicts in all human history," he said. "It lasted more than four decades, it reached to virtually every corner of the globe."
"And we won," Mr. Robinson said. "The Cold War did not just end -- we won."
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!