- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Simple fix on immigration: Secure border
Question of the Day
Yes, there should be an orderly and fair-minded pathway to legal status, but unless the border can be secured so that America has a chance to breathe and stabilize itself, the only action that should be taken at this time is enforcement of existing law. We do not need yet another massive wave of illegal immigrants.
However, there is a problem with that. We have a president who is anti-Constitution, and therefore, lawless. He does what he wants to do when he wants to do it, regardless of his constitutional limits. He will treat a new immigration law in the same way. So, what we need to do, if there is to be a new immigration law, is to make it absolutely mandatory that the border, in its largest sense, be secured before anything else can happen.
The securing of the border would have to be specifically laid out and actually implemented and verified on completion by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress. The rest of the law would also have to be reined in and tightened. For example, chain immigrants should have to get into line with everybody else.
Salt Lake City
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy