- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Simple fix on immigration: Secure border
Yes, there should be an orderly and fair-minded pathway to legal status, but unless the border can be secured so that America has a chance to breathe and stabilize itself, the only action that should be taken at this time is enforcement of existing law. We do not need yet another massive wave of illegal immigrants.
However, there is a problem with that. We have a president who is anti-Constitution, and therefore, lawless. He does what he wants to do when he wants to do it, regardless of his constitutional limits. He will treat a new immigration law in the same way. So, what we need to do, if there is to be a new immigration law, is to make it absolutely mandatory that the border, in its largest sense, be secured before anything else can happen.
The securing of the border would have to be specifically laid out and actually implemented and verified on completion by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress. The rest of the law would also have to be reined in and tightened. For example, chain immigrants should have to get into line with everybody else.
Salt Lake City
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do