- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Mother, 2 children narrowly escape death after GPS leads them onto train tracks
Question of the Day
A Massachusetts mother and her two young children narrowly escaped death Tuesday night when a GPS device led them onto a set of train tracks.
The woman, who was not identified, was driving with her two children, ages 7 and 10, when the GPS indicated for her to take a right-hand turn, police said, according to WCVB.
The turn positioned her minivan completely onto the railroad tracks, making her unable to drive off of them. After seeing headlights headed their way, she fled the vehicle with her children and watched as a MBTA Fitchburg bound commuter rail train struck the vehicle, the station reported.
The driver and children were not injured, but there is very little left of the minivan. There were about 70 passengers on the train at the time of the crash, the station reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was 'bias motivated,' police say
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Newly rehabbed Rob Ford knocks back 5 espressos in one sitting
- Iran's Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are 'tumors derived from the same origin'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors