- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Planned Parenthood touts benefits of Obamacare
The health care and advocacy group shares something in common with the Affordable Care Act — congressional Republicans have consistently decried both as misguided and bad for the nation.
In the face of constant criticism, administration officials have forged ahead with plans to implement the reforms, which they say are working already and saved Americans nearly $4 billion in premium costs in 2012.
Enroll America is hosting on online strategy session Thursday evening to promote its “Get Covered America” campaign, and Planned Parenthood has posted a Q&A on the reforms.
The group’s webpage on “Obamacare” highlights state exchanges designed to allow millions of uninsured Americans to buy health plans with the help of government subsidies and, in bold, notes the plans will cover birth control with no co-pay.
Religiously devout business owners and faith-based nonprofits have filed dozens of lawsuits over the contraception coverage mandate in the law, saying it violates their morals.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Tax-prep firms pitch in, cash in on Obamacare
- Obama tries to reassure Hispanics on Obamacare
- Half of uninsured look to Obamacare exchanges for coverage
- Another Obamacare deadline moved: Non-compliant plans get 2-year extension
- House votes to delay Obamacare individual mandate
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again