- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Police: No suspect in burglary at Stoops’ home
NORMAN, OKLA. (AP) - Police said Thursday they have no suspects in a burglary at the home of Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.
Norman Police Sgt. Jennifer Newell said officers received a call from the house at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday reporting that a break-in had occurred overnight. Newell said the exact time of the burglary is part of the department’s ongoing investigation.
Newell said several members of the Stoops family were home when the burglary occurred, but no one was injured.
“There were people at the house at the time,” she said. Newell would not confirm whether Stoops was at the house. He and several Oklahoma players were in Wichita, Kan., on Wednesday night for an appearance at an OU Club of Wichita event.
Newell said a number of items were reported missing after the burglary, including a vehicle.
“It was personal property and my understanding is a vehicle as well,” she said.
Newell said she was not aware of any other burglaries reported in the same neighborhood recently. She also said she did not know of additional security precautions that were being taken following the burglary.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014