- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Police: No suspect in burglary at Stoops’ home
Question of the Day
NORMAN, OKLA. (AP) - Police said Thursday they have no suspects in a burglary at the home of Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.
Norman Police Sgt. Jennifer Newell said officers received a call from the house at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday reporting that a break-in had occurred overnight. Newell said the exact time of the burglary is part of the department's ongoing investigation.
Newell said several members of the Stoops family were home when the burglary occurred, but no one was injured.
"There were people at the house at the time," she said. Newell would not confirm whether Stoops was at the house. He and several Oklahoma players were in Wichita, Kan., on Wednesday night for an appearance at an OU Club of Wichita event.
Newell said a number of items were reported missing after the burglary, including a vehicle.
"It was personal property and my understanding is a vehicle as well," she said.
Newell said she was not aware of any other burglaries reported in the same neighborhood recently. She also said she did not know of additional security precautions that were being taken following the burglary.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq