- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Trio of peppers adds pop to potato salad
One variety of pepper just isn’t enough to get this potato salad ready for your July Fourth celebration. So we upped it to three — black pepper, cayenne pepper and roasted red peppers — each adding their own distinct flavor. And don’t worry, the bite of black and cayenne peppers are tamed by the sweet roasted red peppers and the sour cream dressing.
Want to add fourth and fifth varieties? Mix in some diced mild Peppadew peppers (tangy, but not much heat) and banana peppers (sweet and crunchy). For a crunchy contrast, you even could add a sixth with a diced fresh green bell pepper.
THREE-PEPPER BARBECUE POTATO SALAD
Start to finish: 1 hour (15 minutes active)
2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
4 scallions, chopped
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.