- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Yankees add INF Gonzalez, cut INF Brignac
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Yankees have shuffled infielders, promoting Alberto Gonzalez from the minors and cutting Reid Brignac.
The Yankees made the moves before Friday night's game against Tampa Bay.
Gonzalez was selected from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in May and spent a week with the Yankees. In his last game for the Yankees, he started at shortstop and later pitched to a batter.
Brignac was obtained from Colorado in mid-May. He hit .114 in 44 at-bats for New York.
The Yankees also acquired minor league pitcher Yoshinori Tateyama from Texas for future considerations and sent him to Triple-A. The right-hander made 53 relief appearances for the Rangers in the previous two years.
In other moves, former big league outfielder Corey Patterson and lefty Mike Zagurski joined Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world