- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Defending Iowa champion finishes 2nd yet again
NEWTON, IOWA (AP) - A victory at Iowa Speedway isn't exactly a curse.
But for the third year in a row, the IndyCar Series winner from the previous season at Iowa has finished just one spot short defending their title.
Ryan Hunter-Reay's second-place finish Sunday at the IndyCar race at Iowa Speedway was the third straight time that the defending champion was second in their return to the track.
Tony Kanaan was second in 2011 after winning in 2010. Marco Andretti was second last season after besting Kanaan two years ago, and Hunter-Reay battled back from last to finish second behind teammate James Hinchcliffe on Sunday in Iowa.
"We had a tough weekend. To come second out of this thing, I'm pretty pleased with that. Good job to James (Hinchcliffe)," Hunter-Reay said.
It was the third win of the year for Hinchcliffe, who had the strongest car of the weekend at Iowa.
If form holds true, Hinchcliffe's car will be just off the mark in Iowa in 2014.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014