- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Teen hit by celebratory gunfire after NBA Finals
MIRAMAR, FLA. (AP) - A teen watching NBA Finals postgame coverage in South Florida was hit by what police believe was celebratory gunfire.
Fifteen-year-old Brandon Reid says he was watching Miami Heat basketball players celebrate their world championship Thursday when a bullet came through his mother’s sliding glass door and grazed his skull under the ear.
Reid told reporters Saturday that it felt like a rock hit him.
Police say they think the bullet came from celebratory gunfire prompted by the Heat’s win. South Florida authorities routinely warn people about the dangers of firing into the air to celebrate holidays or other occasions.
Reid is from the Atlanta area and was visiting his mother in Miramar. His doctors say he’ll make a full recovery.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.