- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
NBA great Scottie Pippen arrested for Malibu fight
Question of the Day
NBA legend Scottie Pippen was arrested Monday on felony assault charges after allegedly knocking a man out in Malibu Sunday night.
The former Chicago Bulls star was at Nobu when he reportedly got into a fight with a man in his 50s outside the restaurant after he refused to give the man an autograph, authorities said.
Eyewitnesses said Mr. Pippen knocked the man out cold with a punch to the face, according to TMZ.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ that Mr. Pippen repeatedly kicked the man when he was down. He has been charged with felony assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.
A family member told TMZ that the victim was released from the hospital this morning with broken teeth, a swollen mouth, and back and head injuries.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brown pelicans turning up in Florida Keys with throats slashed
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow joins Washington Post as columnist
- Second man charged for stealing piece of Paul Walker car wreck
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Latest Blog Entries
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow