- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Blackhawks land in Chicago with the Stanley Cup
CHICAGO (AP) - The Chicago Blackhawks arriving home with the Stanley Cup have been greeted on the tarmac with a water cannon salute, about a dozen fire trucks and even more police cars _ all with their lights flashing.
And minutes before the team’s chartered Boeing 737 from Boston touched down at 4:05 a.m. at O’Hare International Airport, lightning danced across the sky as the edge of a windy storm front passed through.
Still, the Blackhawks’ return couldn’t match the dramatic finish of their championship-clinching win over the Bruins on Monday night at the TD Garden.
Chicago secured its second NHL title in four seasons when Bryan Bickell and Dave Bolland scored 17 seconds apart in the last 1:16 of regulation of Game 6 for a stunning 3-2 win over Boston.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.