- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Presidential glass house
Question of the Day
If someone comes to visit you, accepts your hospitality and then proceeds to lecture you on all of your dysfunctional ways, would it be acceptable to be angry? (“Obama’s remarks about Catholic schools spark new fight with church,” Web, June 20)
It seems hypocritical to criticize Catholic and Protestant families in Northern Ireland for sending their children to private educational institutions while Sasha and Malia Obama, President Obama’s daughters, attend the prestigious Sidwell Friends School. Can you imagine the reaction if the president gave a similar speech in Tel Aviv or the West Bank?
Why doesn’t Mr. Obama attend to the problems in our own country, problems such as the deficit, high unemployment, job creation, homosexual marriage, illegal immigration, etc., instead of criticizing Northern Ireland?
HELEN D. KOELLE
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups