- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Presidential glass house
If someone comes to visit you, accepts your hospitality and then proceeds to lecture you on all of your dysfunctional ways, would it be acceptable to be angry? (“Obama’s remarks about Catholic schools spark new fight with church,” Web, June 20)
It seems hypocritical to criticize Catholic and Protestant families in Northern Ireland for sending their children to private educational institutions while Sasha and Malia Obama, President Obama’s daughters, attend the prestigious Sidwell Friends School. Can you imagine the reaction if the president gave a similar speech in Tel Aviv or the West Bank?
Why doesn’t Mr. Obama attend to the problems in our own country, problems such as the deficit, high unemployment, job creation, homosexual marriage, illegal immigration, etc., instead of criticizing Northern Ireland?
HELEN D. KOELLE
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school