- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Presidential glass house
Question of the Day
If someone comes to visit you, accepts your hospitality and then proceeds to lecture you on all of your dysfunctional ways, would it be acceptable to be angry? ("Obama's remarks about Catholic schools spark new fight with church," Web, June 20)
It seems hypocritical to criticize Catholic and Protestant families in Northern Ireland for sending their children to private educational institutions while Sasha and Malia Obama, President Obama's daughters, attend the prestigious Sidwell Friends School. Can you imagine the reaction if the president gave a similar speech in Tel Aviv or the West Bank?
Why doesn't Mr. Obama attend to the problems in our own country, problems such as the deficit, high unemployment, job creation, homosexual marriage, illegal immigration, etc., instead of criticizing Northern Ireland?
HELEN D. KOELLE
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy