- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Dribbling for Jesus: Girl, 8, taking YouTube by storm says it’s all for God
An 8-year-old girl whose insane dribbling skills have taken the basketball world by storm says she’s doing it all for God.
“I just love Jesus with all my heart and God loves you. Jesus loves you. And I have this God-given talent and I just want to use it for him,” she said, in a YouTube video that showcases her skills.
About 63,000 have viewed the video since it was uploaded June 13, The Blaze reported.
The 2-minute video doesn’t include her personal information — name, place of residence. But in it, she’s shown performing various dribbling feats while the camera holder — ostensibly her father or a male family member – counts and announces each personal record as she beats it.
Heard on the video was the male voice: “There she is the girl that was known on YouTube as the world’s greatest 7-year-old dribbler.But now 10 days ago she turned 8. Anything to say babe?”
That’s when she replied that she just loved Jesus and owed all her talent to God.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- good to go test
- another test dont post this please
- Russia poised to ban curse words in movies, concerts
- USF decrees: No onstage selfies during graduation ceremonies
- test do not post
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Nevada rancher's racial remarks cost him range of support
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014