- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Pakistani mother, 2 daughters slain in brutal ‘honor killing’ over family video
A family video showing two teenage sisters enjoying a rain shower on the lawn of their bungalow led to their deaths in Chilas, Pakistan, on Sunday night.
Five masked men barged into the house of retired police officer Rehmat Nabi and started firing, killing his wife and daughters, ages 15 and 16, the Pakistani news site Dawn.com reported.
The video was circulated in the area, and police believe the girls' stepbrother, Khutore, took their behavior as an "assault on the honor of his family" and tried to "restore the family's honor" by killing the girls, Dawn.com said.
Khutore escaped, and authorities do not know his whereabouts. Four of his friends were arrested, however, and they have confessed to the murders, a senior police official told Dawn.com. Charges have been brought against the stepbrother.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Florida's Charlie Crist heaps praise on Obama: 'God bless him'
- N.Y. woman wins lottery with fortune cookie numbers
- N.D. principal charged in high school fire
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again