- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Aaron Hernandez investigated in 2012 double homicide case, report says
Investigators in Boston are looking into whether Aaron Hernandez might be connected to a double homicide that occurred in the city last July, according to a report Thursday.
Two men, identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, were shot and killed as they sat in their car in downtown Boston last July 16. One other man was wounded in the incident. Fox 25 in Boston reported Thursday that investigators are trying to determine whether Hernandez, who was charged with murder Wednesday in the death of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, might have had a connection to the unsolved killing.
According to the report, Furtado and Abreu were in the front seat of a vehicle when an SUV with Rhode Island license plates opened fire on it. Furtado and Abreu worked at a cleaning company, Fox 25 reported, and had just left a bar when the shooting occurred.
Hernandez, 23, was cut by the New England Patriots on Wednesday after being taken into custody by police as a suspect in Lloyd’s death. He faces murder and weapons charges and was ordered held without bail.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.