- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
EDITORIAL: Affirmative action for terrorists
We need a few white Judeo-Christian jihadists for diversity
A Democratic congressman from Seattle is looking for a few white men willing to join the jihad. In the bizarre fever swamps of political correctness, Rep. Jim McDermott thinks it’s “offensive” for the FBI to post a list of the 16 most wanted for terrorism since all but one are Islamists.
The G-men had been advertising the $25 million reward for information leading to the arrest of some of the world’s leading terrorists. It plastered mug shots of the 16 most-wanted “Faces of Global Terrorism” on the sides of buses in Seattle and other cities. The 16 were taken from a larger, comprehensive list of 32 suspects posted online. With one exception, they’re all Islamists. The exception is an animal-rights “activist” named D. Andreas San Diego. The FBI says he tried to blow up a biotech company with a secondary explosive with a delayed fuse meant to kill first-responding firemen.
Naming names and posting descriptions makes sense to the rest of us, but it mightily upset Mr. McDermott. A little affirmative action is required for diversity. The FBI obviously needs a few white Christian or Jewish suspects, even if it has to hire them. Mr. McDermott dispatched a note to FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III complaining the agency’s bus ad with the names “is not only offensive to Muslims and ethnic minorities, but it encourages racial and religious profiling.” The modern G-man, it turns out, is not so tough: The FBI folded faster than Superman on laundry day, and agreed to pull the “offensive” ads.
Mr. McDermott has a small diversity caucus already. The City Council in New York City is considering a police “reform” package that would make it difficult for a muggee to describe his mugger. The proposed Community Safety Act deals with “bias-based profiling” by prohibiting law enforcement from singling out suspects based on “color, creed, age, ‘alienage’ or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, disability or housing status.” Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg urges the council to reject this attempt to recruit a better class of criminal. This is attempted diversity only a Democratic congressman could love.
The Washington Times
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on CNBC on Obamacare leaving more people losing insurance than new enrollees
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- EDITORIAL: The piano police
- EDITORIAL: Obama's veiled threat
- EDITORIAL: The trouble with trolls
Latest Blog Entries
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Syria mess may spawn 'Islamic emirate' world must deal with, says Iraq's top diplomat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- GORDON: Purging America's military
- Obamacare's bold vision turns murky: Health reform downsized, promises broken