- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Allen returning to Heat next season
Question of the Day
Miller also made a memorable 3-pointer for Miami during Game 6 of the finals, connecting early in the fourth quarter moments after losing his left sneaker. Allen said he’ll look back at that shot as one of the best of this year’s run to the title, even though his shot will surely be more remembered.
“That was amazing,” Allen said. “For him to hit that shot, it was incredible.”
Allen signed with the Heat last summer, turning down more years and more money to remain with the Boston Celtics. Allen said earlier this week that he particularly enjoyed the camaraderie in the Heat locker room, especially the “Harlem Shake” video that became a global YouTube sensation midway through the season.
“When I got here, within the first two weeks, I felt like I had been here for two, three years because the guys welcomed me in so warmly,” Allen said. “They’ve been awesome to me.”
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq