- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
PITTSBURGH (AP) _ Fred Couples roared through his first 11 holes in the second round of the Senior Players Championship, ripping off seven birdies at water-logged Fox Chapel to take the lead at 11 under.
Then the weather managed to do what the defenseless course could not, stopping the Hall of Famer with a sudden downpour that suspended play for the day with most of the field still on the course.
First-round leader John Huston was two shots back at 9 under after making an eagle from the rough on the par-4 15th just before the horn sounded. It was Huston’s second eagle in two days on a par 4. He eagled No. 7 on Thursday when he drove the green and made a 25-footer.
MAYNOOTH, Ireland (AP) _ American Peter Uihlein and England’s Robert Rock shared the second-round lead in the Irish Open, while Rory McIlroy missed the cut in his final tournament before the British Open.
Uihlein, the former Oklahoma State player who won the Madeira Islands Open last month, had a 4-under 68 to match Rock (66) at 9-under 135 at Carton House.
The second-ranked McIlroy, from Northern Ireland, shot a 72 to finish at 2 over, missing the cut by two shots. Countrymen Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke and Ireland’s Padraig Harrington also failed to advance.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.