- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) _ Fred Couples roared through his first 11 holes in the second round of the Senior Players Championship, ripping off seven birdies at water-logged Fox Chapel to take the lead at 11 under.
Then the weather managed to do what the defenseless course could not, stopping the Hall of Famer with a sudden downpour that suspended play for the day with most of the field still on the course.
First-round leader John Huston was two shots back at 9 under after making an eagle from the rough on the par-4 15th just before the horn sounded. It was Huston’s second eagle in two days on a par 4. He eagled No. 7 on Thursday when he drove the green and made a 25-footer.
MAYNOOTH, Ireland (AP) _ American Peter Uihlein and England’s Robert Rock shared the second-round lead in the Irish Open, while Rory McIlroy missed the cut in his final tournament before the British Open.
Uihlein, the former Oklahoma State player who won the Madeira Islands Open last month, had a 4-under 68 to match Rock (66) at 9-under 135 at Carton House.
The second-ranked McIlroy, from Northern Ireland, shot a 72 to finish at 2 over, missing the cut by two shots. Countrymen Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke and Ireland’s Padraig Harrington also failed to advance.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq