- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Nancy Pelosi thinks Democrats are ‘coalescing’ behind Hillary Clinton
It wasn’t an endorsement, but House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, said “there’s a great deal of excitement” about the prospect of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton running for president.
“I don’t know why she wouldn’t run,” Mrs. Pelosi told USA Today. “She’s prepared. She’s well-known. She’s highly respected. She knows she could do the job very, very well.”
Mrs. Pelosi said she’s not making endorsements right now, but that she is “gauging.”
“I’m encouraging people to think about it, so in case she asks us, we have something to say about her,” she said.
Mrs. Clinton has been the early frontrunner for the party nomination in 2016, but a number of others, including Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley, have hinted at possible runs.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.