- Conrado Marrero dies at 102; ex-Senator was oldest living MLB player
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Nationals promote RHP Jordan for big league debut
NEW YORK (AP) - The Washington Nationals have promoted right-hander Taylor Jordan from Double-A Harrisburg and are having him make his big league debut right away.
The 24-year-old Jordan was set to start Saturday in New York against the Mets.
The Nationals selected Jordan’s contract and also recalled right-hander Erik Davis from Triple-A Syracuse. First baseman Chris Marrero and outfielder-infielder Jeff Kobernus were optioned to Syracuse.
Jordan is 9-1 with a 1.00 ERA in a combined 15 games at Double-A and Single-A this season. He is already set to represent the Nationals next month in the All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Jordan takes the rotation spot previously held by Dan Haren, who hurt his right shoulder and is on the disabled list.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014