- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Nationals promote RHP Jordan for big league debut
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The Washington Nationals have promoted right-hander Taylor Jordan from Double-A Harrisburg and are having him make his big league debut right away.
The 24-year-old Jordan was set to start Saturday in New York against the Mets.
The Nationals selected Jordan’s contract and also recalled right-hander Erik Davis from Triple-A Syracuse. First baseman Chris Marrero and outfielder-infielder Jeff Kobernus were optioned to Syracuse.
Jordan is 9-1 with a 1.00 ERA in a combined 15 games at Double-A and Single-A this season. He is already set to represent the Nationals next month in the All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Jordan takes the rotation spot previously held by Dan Haren, who hurt his right shoulder and is on the disabled list.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq