- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Question of the Day
The 31-year-old won for the fifth time in his career, and this was the first one with Tiger Woods on the property _ not to play, but to hand out the trophy. Woods sat out this week with an elbow injury and won’t play again until the British Open.
SENIOR PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
PITTSBURGH (AP) _ Kenny Perry won the Senior Players Championship for his first major title, overtaking Fred Couples with a final round 6-under 64.
Perry finished at 19-under 261 at Fox Chapel, two shots ahead of Couples and Duffy Waldorf. The 52-year-old Perry opened with a 71 and shot consecutive 63s in the next two rounds.
Perry was runner-up in the 1996 PGA Championship and 2009 Masters while playing as a regular on the PGA Tour. He tied for second in the Senior PGA Championship last month.
Couples closed with a 68, and Waldorf shot 64.
MAYNOOTH, Ireland (AP) _ England’s Paul Casey made a 50-foot eagle putt on the 18th hole to win the Irish Open by three strokes for his 12th European Tour title.
Casey closed with a 5-under 67 to finish at 14-under 274 at Carton House. England’s Robert Rock and Dutchman Joost Luiten tied for second. Rock shot 71, and Luiten had a 74.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world