- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
Teen drowns after sneaking into Rockville pool
A 15-year-old Rockville boy drowned at a community pool after sneaking in when it was closed, Montgomery County police said.
Hafis Kareem, of the 700 block of Monroe Street, died Saturday night after going into the pool near the New Mark Commons area of Rockville in the 600 block of Tegner Way, police said.
The teen was with a group of juveniles who sneaked into the pool after closing at about 11 p.m.
Someone in the group yelled to a passerby to call 911, and emergency personnel arrived on scene to perform CPR on Mr. Kareem.
The teen was taken to a hospital where he died.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Va. attorney general vote recount, some by hand, to get started Dec. 16
- Wal-Mart opening its doors in D.C.
- Agreement in D.C. a tall order
- P.G. police ID man fatally shot after party
- National Zoo's female giant panda cub finally gets a name: Bao Bao
Latest Blog Entries
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.