- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Indians put SS Asdrubal Cabrera on 15-day DL
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The Cleveland Indians put All-Star shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained right quadriceps, an injury that could sideline him for a month.
Cabrera had to be helped off the field Monday night at Yankee Stadium after hurting himself running out a grounder. He returned to Cleveland for an MRI.
“This is where the versatility of the club should help us,” Francona said.
Cabrera is hitting .254 with five home runs, 25 RBIs and a team-leading 18 doubles. He also has a 32-game errorless streak despite playing the last few weeks with quad problems.
The 27-year-old Cabrera made the AL All-Star team in each of the last two seasons. He hit .270 with 16 homers and 68 RBIs last year.
Cabrera went on the DL with Cleveland trailing Detroit by one game in the AL Central.
The 24-year-old Diaz made his big league debut with Cleveland last year and played five games. He was hitting .211 with four homers and 18 RBIs at Triple-A this season.
Diaz has only played shortstop in the last seven seasons, but recently has been taking grounders at second base.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors