- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Indians put SS Asdrubal Cabrera on 15-day DL
NEW YORK (AP) - The Cleveland Indians put All-Star shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained right quadriceps, an injury that could sideline him for a month.
“This is where the versatility of the club should help us,” Francona said.
Cabrera is hitting .254 with five home runs, 25 RBIs and a team-leading 18 doubles. He also has a 32-game errorless streak despite playing the last few weeks with quad problems.
The 27-year-old Cabrera made the AL All-Star team in each of the last two seasons. He hit .270 with 16 homers and 68 RBIs last year.
Cabrera went on the DL with Cleveland trailing Detroit by one game in the AL Central.
The 24-year-old Diaz made his big league debut with Cleveland last year and played five games. He was hitting .211 with four homers and 18 RBIs at Triple-A this season.
Diaz has only played shortstop in the last seven seasons, but recently has been taking grounders at second base.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again