- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
Indians put SS Asdrubal Cabrera on 15-day DL
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The Cleveland Indians put All-Star shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained right quadriceps, an injury that could sideline him for a month.
Cabrera had to be helped off the field Monday night at Yankee Stadium after hurting himself running out a grounder. He returned to Cleveland for an MRI.
“This is where the versatility of the club should help us,” Francona said.
Cabrera is hitting .254 with five home runs, 25 RBIs and a team-leading 18 doubles. He also has a 32-game errorless streak despite playing the last few weeks with quad problems.
The 27-year-old Cabrera made the AL All-Star team in each of the last two seasons. He hit .270 with 16 homers and 68 RBIs last year.
Cabrera went on the DL with Cleveland trailing Detroit by one game in the AL Central.
The 24-year-old Diaz made his big league debut with Cleveland last year and played five games. He was hitting .211 with four homers and 18 RBIs at Triple-A this season.
Diaz has only played shortstop in the last seven seasons, but recently has been taking grounders at second base.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq