- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The day David Lynn saved Ian Poulter
Question of the Day
That led him to one observation that amateurs don’t follow everything they see on TV.
“If we did everything professionals do, there would be no ball marks on the green,” he said.
Indeed. Next time you’re playing golf, see how many people neglect to repair the pitch marks.
DIVOTS: There were 293 three-putts (or more) over four rounds at the Memorial. Davis Love III was the only player at Muirfield Village to make it through 72 holes without a three-putt. … Paul Goydos returns to competition this week at the St. Jude Classic. Goydos last played at Riviera in February 2012. He is coming back from extensive surgery on his left wrist. … The LPGA Tour has launched a Spanish language website. The tour has more than 20 players who speak Spanish from countries that include Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Argentina. … Pebble Beach has broken ground on a new driving range and golf academy, a project that has been 20 years in planning. The project includes 100 additional guest rooms at The Lodge at Pebble Beach and the Inn at Spanish Bay, along with a new 100-room hotel near Spyglass Hill.
STAT OF THE WEEK: Tiger Woods earned $12,896 at the Memorial, his smallest check from finishing a tournament since the 2004 Bay Hill Invitational.
FINAL WORD: “Let’s put it this way. There will be some guys that play the tour to make a living, period. All the good players play the tour to win golf tournaments to be the best player they can.” _ Jack Nicklaus.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world