- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
US Open field
ARDMORE, PA. (AP) - The 150 players who have qualified for the 113th U.S. Open, to be played June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club. Players listed only in the first category for which they are eligible. (a-amateur). Six spots remain open for players exempt through the June 10 world ranking. Alternates will fill the other spots.
U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONS (10 years): Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell, Lucas Glover, Tiger Woods, Angel Cabrera, Geoff Ogilvy, Michael Campbell, Jim Furyk.
U.S. AMATEUR CHAMPION AND RUNNER-UP: a-Steven Fox, a-Michael Weaver.
MARK H. MCCORMACK MEDAL FOR 2012: a-Chris Williams.
MASTERS CHAMPIONS (5 years): Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Phil Mickelson.
BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink, Padraig Harrington.
PGA CHAMPIONS (5 years): Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Y.E. Yang.
U.S. SENIOR OPEN CHAMPION: Roger Chapman.
PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER (3 years): Matt Kuchar, K.J. Choi.
BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER: Matteo Manassero.
TOP 10 and TIES FROM 2012 U.S. OPEN: Michael Thompson, David Toms, John Peterson, Jason Dufner, Casey Wittenberg, John Senden, Kevin Chappell, Lee Westwood.
2012 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD: Brandt Snedeker, Justin Rose, Luke Donald, Ryan Moore, Hunter Mahan, Robert Garrigus, Dustin Johnson, Bo Van Pelt, Sergio Garcia, Zach Johnson, Scott Piercy, Carl Pettersson, Steve Stricker, Rickie Fowler, Nick Watney, John Huh.
TOP 60 FROM WORLD RANKING ON MAY 27: Ian Poulter, Peter Hanson, Jason Day, Branden Grace, Bill Haas, Henrik Stenson, Thorbjorn Olesen, Kevin Streelman, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Francesco Molinari, Jamie Donaldson, Paul Lawrie, Nicolas Colsaerts, Tim Clark, D.A. Points, Thongchai Jaidee, Freddie Jacobson, Billy Horschel, George Coetzee, Boo Weekley, Martin Laird, Russell Henley, Marcel Siem, Marc Leishman.
TOP 60 FROM WORLD RANKING ON JUNE 10: To be determined.
SECTIONAL QUALIFYING (36 holes): Simon Khan, Paul Casey, Jaco Van Zyl, Marcus Fraser, Eddie Pepperell, Peter Hedlom, Morten Orum Madsen, Jose Maria Olazabal, David Howell, John Parry, Chris Doak, Estanislao Goya, Hideki Matsuyama, Jung-Gon Hwang, Yui Ueda, Yoshinobu Tsukada, Hiroyuki Fujita, Charley Hoffman, Nicholas Thompson, Robert Karlsson, Josh Teater, David Hearn, Brendan Steele, David Lingmerth, Doug LaBelle, Ted Potter Jr., Aaron Baddley, Justin Hicks, Sang Moon Bae, Rory Sabbatini, Luke Guthrie, Kevin Sutherland, Jerry Kelly, Shawn Stefani, Morgan Hoffmann, Joe Ogilvie, Scott Langley, Alistair Presnell, Andrew Svoboda, Russell Knox, Adam Hadwin, Mathew Goggin, Cliff Kresge, Matt Bettencourt, a-Michael Kim, Jim Herman, Brian Stuard, Cheng-Tsung Pan, Jay Don Blake, Matt Weibring, Jordan Spieth, Edward Loar, a-Kevin Phelan, Bio Kim, Steven Alker, a-Max Homa
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.