- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Texas A&M kicks off FAA-backed drone tests for business ventures
- Bad loser: ‘Call of Duty’ gamer calls in SWAT team on teen who won
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
US Open field
ARDMORE, PA. (AP) - The 150 players who have qualified for the 113th U.S. Open, to be played June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club. Players listed only in the first category for which they are eligible. (a-amateur). Six spots remain open for players exempt through the June 10 world ranking. Alternates will fill the other spots.
U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONS (10 years): Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell, Lucas Glover, Tiger Woods, Angel Cabrera, Geoff Ogilvy, Michael Campbell, Jim Furyk.
U.S. AMATEUR CHAMPION AND RUNNER-UP: a-Steven Fox, a-Michael Weaver.
MARK H. MCCORMACK MEDAL FOR 2012: a-Chris Williams.
MASTERS CHAMPIONS (5 years): Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Phil Mickelson.
BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink, Padraig Harrington.
PGA CHAMPIONS (5 years): Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Y.E. Yang.
U.S. SENIOR OPEN CHAMPION: Roger Chapman.
PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER (3 years): Matt Kuchar, K.J. Choi.
BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER: Matteo Manassero.
TOP 10 and TIES FROM 2012 U.S. OPEN: Michael Thompson, David Toms, John Peterson, Jason Dufner, Casey Wittenberg, John Senden, Kevin Chappell, Lee Westwood.
2012 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD: Brandt Snedeker, Justin Rose, Luke Donald, Ryan Moore, Hunter Mahan, Robert Garrigus, Dustin Johnson, Bo Van Pelt, Sergio Garcia, Zach Johnson, Scott Piercy, Carl Pettersson, Steve Stricker, Rickie Fowler, Nick Watney, John Huh.
TOP 60 FROM WORLD RANKING ON MAY 27: Ian Poulter, Peter Hanson, Jason Day, Branden Grace, Bill Haas, Henrik Stenson, Thorbjorn Olesen, Kevin Streelman, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Francesco Molinari, Jamie Donaldson, Paul Lawrie, Nicolas Colsaerts, Tim Clark, D.A. Points, Thongchai Jaidee, Freddie Jacobson, Billy Horschel, George Coetzee, Boo Weekley, Martin Laird, Russell Henley, Marcel Siem, Marc Leishman.
TOP 60 FROM WORLD RANKING ON JUNE 10: To be determined.
SECTIONAL QUALIFYING (36 holes): Simon Khan, Paul Casey, Jaco Van Zyl, Marcus Fraser, Eddie Pepperell, Peter Hedlom, Morten Orum Madsen, Jose Maria Olazabal, David Howell, John Parry, Chris Doak, Estanislao Goya, Hideki Matsuyama, Jung-Gon Hwang, Yui Ueda, Yoshinobu Tsukada, Hiroyuki Fujita, Charley Hoffman, Nicholas Thompson, Robert Karlsson, Josh Teater, David Hearn, Brendan Steele, David Lingmerth, Doug LaBelle, Ted Potter Jr., Aaron Baddley, Justin Hicks, Sang Moon Bae, Rory Sabbatini, Luke Guthrie, Kevin Sutherland, Jerry Kelly, Shawn Stefani, Morgan Hoffmann, Joe Ogilvie, Scott Langley, Alistair Presnell, Andrew Svoboda, Russell Knox, Adam Hadwin, Mathew Goggin, Cliff Kresge, Matt Bettencourt, a-Michael Kim, Jim Herman, Brian Stuard, Cheng-Tsung Pan, Jay Don Blake, Matt Weibring, Jordan Spieth, Edward Loar, a-Kevin Phelan, Bio Kim, Steven Alker, a-Max Homa
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- EDITORIAL: Court strikes blow for campus colorblindness on affirmative action
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014