- Hawaii gives residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Obama’s ‘never done anything wrong in his life’
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews went on a tirade Wednesday night against Republicans and their continued opposition to Susan Rice, President Obama’s newest national security advisor.
Speaking with The Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman and The Daily Beast’s Peter Beinart, the “Hardball” host suggested that the GOP is, once again “beating the hell out of an African-American woman.”
“I mean, don’t they feel any hesitance on just the gender and the ethnic front,” he asked. “Here they are, the old white guys, kicking the hell out of another African-American candidate for something.”
Mr. Matthews then decided to focus on the word “liar.”
“The discourse coming from that side, I don’t use that word liar. I don’t like it being used. Because it gets to motive and you don’t know what is in another person’s heart,” he said. “How do these people get away with talking like this, I mean anywhere, even on Fox?
Mr. Beinart responded by saying that Republicans are attempting to hide behind the administration’s scandals in order to avoid the “hard work” of reaching out to Americans.
“Peter, again to you. Why do they get the idea, if it isn’t ethnic, and I’ll just leave the possibility that it’s not. Why do they just assume evil on the part of Obama?” Mr. Matthews asked. “I mean he’s raised, his whole life has been crystal clear and clean as a whistle and transparent. We know his whole life through all the great excellent education he’s had. The good pro-bono work he’s done through his life. He’s never been a money grubber. He’s never done anything wrong in his life, legally ethically, whatever. His family is picture-perfect. The way he’s raised those daughters. Everything is clean as a whistle. And yet, they just refer to him as evil. They just refer to him as a liar. I’ve got to believe it’s ethnic with these people. They just got a problem with this guy being president, is there any other evidence to justify why they keep calling him a bad man? And that’s what they do.”
Mr. Beinhart responded by saying Benghazi is like “catnip” for Republicans who don’t believe the president takes terrorism seriously.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- Booze and bullets? Oklahoma gun range seeks liquor license
- Suspected Islamic gunmen kidnap 100 girls from Nigeria secondary school: reports
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes