- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: What’s worse: liars or fools?
Question of the Day
There is something that could be much more dangerous to the nation than the apparent lies the administration continues to cover up. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano claims to have known nothing about the release of hundreds of illegal aliens from the custody of her bureaucracy, while the top law-enforcement officer of the nation, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., swears he knows nothing about his own agency selling semi-automatic rifles to Mexican drug lords, tapping the phones of Associated Press journalists or the Internal Revenue Service targeting patriot groups from coast to coast.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton maintains she knows nothing about why our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was overrun by terrorists, who killed our ambassador, or why she continued with the misinformation about it all being caused by some video. Lately, the head of the IRS, whose agency specifically targeted patriot groups in a nationwide conspiracy, is unable to answer a single question put to him about anything. All while, the president supposedly knew nothing.
What is far more dangerous than the likelihood that all these liars are lying is the prospect that they are telling the truth — and are actually just as uninformed and incompetent as they claim to be. Which is worse, to be governed by liars or to be governed by fools?
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so