- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: What’s worse: liars or fools?
There is something that could be much more dangerous to the nation than the apparent lies the administration continues to cover up. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano claims to have known nothing about the release of hundreds of illegal aliens from the custody of her bureaucracy, while the top law-enforcement officer of the nation, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., swears he knows nothing about his own agency selling semi-automatic rifles to Mexican drug lords, tapping the phones of Associated Press journalists or the Internal Revenue Service targeting patriot groups from coast to coast.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton maintains she knows nothing about why our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was overrun by terrorists, who killed our ambassador, or why she continued with the misinformation about it all being caused by some video. Lately, the head of the IRS, whose agency specifically targeted patriot groups in a nationwide conspiracy, is unable to answer a single question put to him about anything. All while, the president supposedly knew nothing.
What is far more dangerous than the likelihood that all these liars are lying is the prospect that they are telling the truth — and are actually just as uninformed and incompetent as they claim to be. Which is worse, to be governed by liars or to be governed by fools?
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class