- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: What’s worse: liars or fools?
There is something that could be much more dangerous to the nation than the apparent lies the administration continues to cover up. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano claims to have known nothing about the release of hundreds of illegal aliens from the custody of her bureaucracy, while the top law-enforcement officer of the nation, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., swears he knows nothing about his own agency selling semi-automatic rifles to Mexican drug lords, tapping the phones of Associated Press journalists or the Internal Revenue Service targeting patriot groups from coast to coast.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton maintains she knows nothing about why our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was overrun by terrorists, who killed our ambassador, or why she continued with the misinformation about it all being caused by some video. Lately, the head of the IRS, whose agency specifically targeted patriot groups in a nationwide conspiracy, is unable to answer a single question put to him about anything. All while, the president supposedly knew nothing.
What is far more dangerous than the likelihood that all these liars are lying is the prospect that they are telling the truth — and are actually just as uninformed and incompetent as they claim to be. Which is worse, to be governed by liars or to be governed by fools?
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash