- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
IRS digging through 64 million pages relevant to tea party targeting
It may take Congress considerable time to comb through the paper trail of the IRS‘ targeting of conservative groups — the records stretch at least 64 million pages long.
CNS News reports that Acting IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel has informed Congress that the IRS is currently reviewing well over 64 million documents connected with officials “who may have potentially
relevant information” about the targeting.”
“As part of this process [of answering Congress‘ request for information pertaining to tea party targeting], we have directed our document retention and retrieval specialists to perform an electronic data search of the records of all personnel we have identified who may have potentially relevant information,” Werfel wrote to Congress.
“As of May 28, 2013, we had collected 646 gigabytes of raw electronically stored information (ESI). … One gigabyte of data is approximately 100,000 pages of documents.”
CNS did the simple arithmetic: “646 gigabytes multiplied by 100,000 pages equals 64,600,000 pages.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- 'Top Gun' school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Navy's first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer LaWS to deploy this summer
- State Dept. Twitter account needles jihadists daily: Try 'not murdering women and children'
- Al Qaeda kills accused U.S. spy, hangs him from soccer goal posts in Yemen
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again