- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Stewart hopes to build off 1st victory at Pocono
Question of the Day
“That’s all we can do is build on it and continue to improve,” SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli said. “When we win a bunch of these things in a row, it means that we don’t have to work on it anymore.”
As a team owner, Stewart can’t even relax just because the No. 14 is showing improvement. SHR’s Ryan Newman (20th) and Danica Patrick (29th) have yet to consistently run at the front of the field, and Stewart won’t truly enjoy his success until all three cars can be considered regular checkered flag contenders.
“He has a huge drive to be fast and make the team better and make his car better and you feel that, for sure. You also feel that passion. And that passion goes for the people that he has around him,” Patrick said. “He really enjoys them and wants them there and treats them well. Maybe a long time ago I thought I heard that you can get people to work out of fear or love, and he gets them to work out of love. I think he cares about them.
“It makes it nice to be around somebody like that.”
Follow Dan Gelston on Twitter: http://twitter.com/APGelston
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world