- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Actor who played Earnhardt wins pole in Austin
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - One of the pole winners in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge has an unfamiliar name but a recognizable face.
Chad McCumbee won the pole Friday in the ST-class at the Circuit of The Americas driving a car owned by current Los Angeles Angels pitcher CJ Wilson. His driving resume isn't the greatest, but fans recognize McCumbee from playing Dale Earnhardt in the movie "3: The Dale Earnhardt Story."
McCumbee earned three top-five finishes in the Truck Series and made a handful of Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series starts between 2007 and 2010.
His best Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge was fourth at Barber Motorsports Park in 2012. He's co-driving this weekend with Mazda driver Jason Saini.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world