- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Bio Box: Kenneth Frazier, CEO of drugmaker Merck
Merck & Co. CEO, Chairman and President Kenneth C. Frazier
FAMILY: Married with a teenage son and adult daughter who’s an engineer.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University; law degree from Harvard Law School.
CAREER: Served in private practice for 14 years, including as a partner at Philadelphia’s Drinker Biddle & Reath. Joined Merck in 1992 and became head of public affairs in 1994. Worked in various executive posts in Merck’s legal department, serving as general counsel from December 1999 to 2007. Ran Merck’s global prescription medicines business from then until May 2010, when he was named president. Promoted to CEO in January 2011 and added board chairman position on in December 2011.
HOBBIES: Watching baseball and football games, running and reading, particularly history and biography.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow