- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Bio Box: Kenneth Frazier, CEO of drugmaker Merck
Question of the Day
Merck & Co. CEO, Chairman and President Kenneth C. Frazier
FAMILY: Married with a teenage son and adult daughter who's an engineer.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from Pennsylvania State University; law degree from Harvard Law School.
CAREER: Served in private practice for 14 years, including as a partner at Philadelphia's Drinker Biddle & Reath. Joined Merck in 1992 and became head of public affairs in 1994. Worked in various executive posts in Merck's legal department, serving as general counsel from December 1999 to 2007. Ran Merck's global prescription medicines business from then until May 2010, when he was named president. Promoted to CEO in January 2011 and added board chairman position on in December 2011.
HOBBIES: Watching baseball and football games, running and reading, particularly history and biography.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
White House pets gone wild!