- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
D.C. fire chief still on the job — despite what Wikipedia says
If the District’s fire chief resigned, it’s doubtful that Wikipedia would be the website to break the news.
But in an apparent prank, the erroneous information was added to Wikipedia’s web page on Chief Kenneth Ellerbe.
“On February 28, 2013 at 8pm, Chief Kenneth Ellerbe notified Mayor Vincent Gray of his intent to resign from his position as Fire Chief,” the entry read. Citing supposed sources in Mayor Gray’s office, the resignation was to take effect that same day.
A spokesman for the District’s mayor confirmed that Chief Ellerbe has indeed, not resigned. The entry was made as an apparent prank, said spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, noting that the false information was edited into the chief’s web page from a D.C. government computer.
Asked if officials would try to get to the bottom of who authored the entry, Mr. Ribiero said, “We’ve got better things to do.”
Chief Ellerbe did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.