- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
D.C. fire chief still on the job — despite what Wikipedia says
Question of the Day
If the District’s fire chief resigned, it’s doubtful that Wikipedia would be the website to break the news.
But in an apparent prank, the erroneous information was added to Wikipedia’s web page on Chief Kenneth Ellerbe.
“On February 28, 2013 at 8pm, Chief Kenneth Ellerbe notified Mayor Vincent Gray of his intent to resign from his position as Fire Chief,” the entry read. Citing supposed sources in Mayor Gray’s office, the resignation was to take effect that same day.
A spokesman for the District’s mayor confirmed that Chief Ellerbe has indeed, not resigned. The entry was made as an apparent prank, said spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, noting that the false information was edited into the chief’s web page from a D.C. government computer.
Asked if officials would try to get to the bottom of who authored the entry, Mr. Ribiero said, “We’ve got better things to do.”
Chief Ellerbe did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Term limits still in question after 22 years in Prince George's County
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
- D.C. police quietly prepping for change in law on marijuana
- Council overrides mayor's veto of fiscal 2015 budget
- 3 killed, 4 wounded Sunday in three D.C. shootings
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq