- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Judge refuses to delay Lindsay Lohan trial date
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge is refusing to delay Lindsay Lohan’s trial on charges of reckless driving and lying to police about a car crash last year.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Dabney said Friday there is no good reason to delay the case set for March 18.
Lohan’s attorney Mark Heller sought the delay to prepare his defense and to allow her more time to undergo psychotherapy counseling and perform community service.
Lohan has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charges that also include obstructing officers from performing their duties while investigating the June crash.
Lohan was on probation at the time of the crash and could face up to 245 days in jail if a judge determines she violated the terms of her sentence in a 2011 necklace theft case.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- John Edwards back in court this time as a lawyer for Va. boy's malpractice case
- Pentagon extends deployment of fighter jets to Poland
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.