- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Washington’s Seferian-Jenkins arrested for DUI
Question of the Day
SEATTLE (AP) - Seattle police say University of Washington standout tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence Saturday night.
Police spokesman Det. Mark Jamieson says Seferian-Jenkins was arrested in Seattle near the University District neighborhood. He was released from the precinct office.
Jamieson says no more details are readily available. He adds it's common for people arrested for DUI to be released.
The University of Washington head football coach Steve Sarkisian in a statement says Seferian-Jenkins made decisions "that fall short of our expectations for student-athletes."
Sarkisian says Seferian-Jenkins will be disciplined, but didn't specify how. He also says the team will support Seferian-Jenkins through this situation.
Seferian-Jenkins' hometown is Fox Island, Wash. He is regarded as one of the top tight ends in college football.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow