- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Actor Stephen Baldwin may avoid jail in tax case
Question of the Day
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) - A defense lawyer says prosecutors are not seeking jail time for actor Stephen Baldwin, who's accused of not paying his New York income taxes for three years.
There's a court conference Monday in the case against Baldwin, the youngest of the four acting Baldwin brothers.
The Rockland County district attorney's office said it is hoping a resolution can be reached Monday.
Baldwin, of Grandview, is accused of skipping New York taxes in 2008, 2009 and 2010. The district attorney said Baldwin owed more than $350,000 in tax and penalties.
His attorney, Russell Yankwitt, says he's been advised by the Rockland County district attorney's office that Baldwin can resolve the case without going behind bars.
Baldwin, who starred in 1995's "The Usual Suspects," has been free without bail.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- Prevention of school massacre shoots down arguments for Colorado gun control laws
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- CARUSO: Driving off Russian aggression with U.S. natural gas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow