- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
Question of the Day
March 2-11 _ Teams may renew contracts of unsigned players.
March 2-19 _ World Baseball Classic.
March 13 _ Last day to place a player on unconditional release waivers and pay 30 days termination pay instead of 45 days.
March 27 _ Last day to request unconditional release waivers on a player without having to pay his full 2013 salary.
March 31 _ Opening day, Texas at Houston. Active rosters reduced to 25 players.
May 8-9 _ Owners meetings, New York.
June 6 _ Amateur draft.
July 12 _ Deadline for amateur draft picks to sign.
July 16 _ All-Star game, Citi Field, New York.
July 28 _ Hall of Fame induction, Cooperstown, N.Y.
July 31 _ Last day to trade a player without securing waivers.
Sept. 1 _ Active rosters expand to 40 players.
Oct. 23 _ World Series begins.
November TBA _ Deadline for teams to make qualifying offers to their eligible former players who became free agents, fifth day after World Series.
November TBA _ Deadline for free agents to accept qualifying offers, 12th day after World Series.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow