- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
Bloomberg: Obama should play golf every weekend
Question of the Day
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the president should be playing golf every weekend, despite the public’s perception amid major federal spending cuts.
“I find it fascinating, people criticize him for taking people to dinner — he should be doing that every night,” Mr. Bloomberg said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “They criticize him for going and playing golf with people who he’s got to deal with. He should be doing that every weekend. You always can work better with somebody that you have a chance to build a social relationship with.”
According to Keith Koffler’s White House Dossier, however, the president rarely plays with high-level officials. Rather, he almost always plays with low level White House staffers “who presumably admire the boss and need little schmoozing.”
Mr. Bloomberg suggested that taxpayer money on golf trips during a time of government austerity would be wisely spent if politicians were able to bond and compromise on important issues, but, as CNN notes, Obama would have to actually invite his opponents for a round.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Border agents detain Boy Scout troop for taking photo, troop leader says
- Wikipedia imposes editing ban on House staffers
- Fla. Republican to push bill mandating D'Souza's 'America' film in public schools
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Boko Haram abducts wife of Cameroon's vice prime minister
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq