- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
Bloomberg: Obama should play golf every weekend
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the president should be playing golf every weekend, despite the public’s perception amid major federal spending cuts.
“I find it fascinating, people criticize him for taking people to dinner — he should be doing that every night,” Mr. Bloomberg said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “They criticize him for going and playing golf with people who he’s got to deal with. He should be doing that every weekend. You always can work better with somebody that you have a chance to build a social relationship with.”
According to Keith Koffler’s White House Dossier, however, the president rarely plays with high-level officials. Rather, he almost always plays with low level White House staffers “who presumably admire the boss and need little schmoozing.”
Mr. Bloomberg suggested that taxpayer money on golf trips during a time of government austerity would be wisely spent if politicians were able to bond and compromise on important issues, but, as CNN notes, Obama would have to actually invite his opponents for a round.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- NYC's de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town's name during mudslide visit
- Richard Gere mistaken for homeless man, given bag of food
- Putin calls Internet 'CIA project' that must be controlled
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014