- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Cashman expresses interest in Chipper Jones
Question of the Day
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - Chipper Jones in a New York Yankees’ uniform?
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman expressed interest Monday in the retired Atlanta Braves star as New York tries to shore up an injury decimated roster.
“He’d be perfect,” Cashman said. “I’d take Larry in a heartbeat. I think everybody would.”
New York is missing third baseman Alex Rodriguez, sidelined until at least July following hip surgery, and first baseman Mark Teixeira, out until May because of a strained tendon in his right wrist.
If Jones could slot in at third, Kevin Youkilis would shift over to first.
Cashman also said that he has talked to 37-year-old Derrek Lee, who hasn’t played since 2011, when he hit .267 with 19 homers and 59 RBIs for Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Lee, a first baseman, appeared to be intrigued by the situation.
“Nothing ventured, nothing gained,” Cashman said.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq