- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
Crean says he has apologized to Michigan assistant
Crean said during the Big Ten coaches conference call Monday that he apologized to Meyer over the phone on the way to the plane afterward. He said he wishes he had “never addressed anything after the heat of battle in a game, but I did and we move on. End of story.”
The incident happened on the court after the Hoosiers beat the Wolverines 72-71 for the Big Ten title. Indianapolis TV station WRTV showed Crean being restrained as he yelled at Meyer: “You know what you did. You helped wreck the program. You helped wreck our program.”
Crean was hired by Indiana in 2008 and inherited a program burdened by NCAA sanctions for violations under former coach Kelvin Sampson. Meyer served on Sampson’s staff but was cleared of any major violations.
Michigan coach John Beilein said he did not see the confrontation as it happened. He saw video of it on Monday morning and said Meyer “showed great poise” and called him “a great coach” who has helped rebuild the program “brick by brick, side by side, with me.”
He also said, “Michigan is always going to win with class and they’re going to lose with class. We’re never going to use victory or defeat to vent … any frustrations we’re going to have.”
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow