- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Elisabeth Hasselbeck staying put at ‘The View’
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - No need to say goodbye to Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She’s staying put as a co-host of “The View,” despite reports insisting otherwise.
Series co-creator Barbara Walters called that story “particularly false” on Monday’s edition of the ABC daytime talk show. She says that “we have no plans for Elisabeth to leave.”
She also denied reports that Hasselbeck has lost favor with “The View” for her conservative political stances, something Walters says “we value and appreciate.”
Hasselbeck has been on “The View” for a decade.
Walters also confirmed that Joy Behar will exit the show in August. Behar was among the first co-hosts with Walters when “The View” debuted in 1997. She announced her planned departure last week.
Besides Walters, the remaining panel includes Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world