- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Phoenix’s BizNasty scoring on Twitter
PHOENIX (AP) - EDITOR’S NOTE _ Phoenix Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette adopted Twitter reluctantly but has now become an unlikely star on the social media network. In keeping with Twitter style, this story about Bissonnette’s online personality is broken up into lines of 140 characters or less. Sections written by sports writer John Marshall are preceded by his Twitter handle (jmarshallap). Quotes from other sources are preceded by the handle or name of the person being quoted and set off by quotation marks. Actual tweets are clearly noted when they appear in the story.
jmarshallap: Biz has the knuckle scabs and mangled nose of a brawler, but a cache of Twitter followers more suited for a star, 397K and counting.
That’s more than Patrick Kane (255K), Henrik Lundqvist (231K), Steven Stamkos (226K). (hash)rare.
ShaneDoan (Coyotes captain): “It is unique. Look around the league and there’s not that many people in his position who have that many followers. He’s amazing that way.”
jmarshallap: Tough and quirky, enforcers have always been fan favorites.
The Twitterverse sent Biz into another realm for a player who sat out half his team’s games last season.
BizNasty2point0: “It just blew up.”
Jmashallap: Now he’s got a Taco Bell commercial, a clothing line with Sauce Hockey, a fervent following.
DonMaloney: “We had a youth team come down from Canada and 4-5 of the kids went to Shane, 1 to Mike Smith and the rest went to BizNasty’s locker.”
jmarshallap: Biz hated Twitter initially, put off by updates on tanning, shopping, relationships. (hash)vapid
BizNasty2point0: “I thought it was dumb; they have 20,000 tweets and 100 followers, and it’s like what are doing with your life? Do something productive.”
jmarshallap: Former teammate Scottie Upshall changed things. Told Biz to joke, comment on TV sporting events. (hash)perfectfit.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.