- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Georgetown has Big East coach, player of the year
JaKarr Sampson became the second straight St. John’s player to be selected Rookie of the Year. The 6-8 forward is the conference’s top freshman scorer (14.9) and rebounder (6.6). He follows Moe Harkless as rookie of the year.
“The Big East Rookie of the Year award was one of the individual goals I set for myself,” Sampson said. “This is a big moment for me. I’m proud of myself for achieving my goal.”
Sampson becomes the second straight St. John’s player to earn Big East rookie honors and the third overall. Harkless took home the league’s top freshman honor in 2011-12, while David Russell earned the award in 1979-80.
St. John’s coach Steve Lavin said Sampson “probably has as much enthusiasm as any player I’ve coached. Energy is one of his gifts, he brings electricity and energy to the game, that separates or distinguishes him from other players.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again