- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
Georgetown has Big East coach, player of the year
JaKarr Sampson became the second straight St. John’s player to be selected Rookie of the Year. The 6-8 forward is the conference’s top freshman scorer (14.9) and rebounder (6.6). He follows Moe Harkless as rookie of the year.
“The Big East Rookie of the Year award was one of the individual goals I set for myself,” Sampson said. “This is a big moment for me. I’m proud of myself for achieving my goal.”
Sampson becomes the second straight St. John’s player to earn Big East rookie honors and the third overall. Harkless took home the league’s top freshman honor in 2011-12, while David Russell earned the award in 1979-80.
St. John’s coach Steve Lavin said Sampson “probably has as much enthusiasm as any player I’ve coached. Energy is one of his gifts, he brings electricity and energy to the game, that separates or distinguishes him from other players.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.